Saturday 16 December 2017

My Gingerbread Village

Well, it's only 10 days until Christmas, and you'll see that I've changed my blog header photo to reflect that.  I love to bring out my cross stitched Gingerbread Village each year.


I haven't made any new buildings this year, but I'm going to get out the Gingerbread Needlework Shop tonight and check where I'm up to.




I've built this village up over the last five years.  I started with the Gingerbread House in 2012, and then the church.  I don't have a favourite, because each one is unique and I've learnt more about the construction with each one.



You can read all about the linen I use and where to buy the patterns on this tab on my blog and see close up photos of each of the buildings.  The patterns are beautifully designed by Thea Dueck of The Victoria Sampler in Canada.  If you're interested in these designs I recommend you sign up to Thea's newsletters because sometimes she offers Christmas specials.  

Bringing my village out each year and become a tradition and certainly gets me into the Christmas spirit. 


7 comments:

Alison V. said...

These are so darling! :D

anna said...

i haven't seen anything like these before, I really like them.

Татьяна said...

Beautiful!!!!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I have been following your blog long enough to have read when you introduced the first building. I don't X-stitch but your village always makes me thing I might get back to it.

Merry Christmas
Carol

Nancy Page said...

Absolutely lovely, love it! Thank you for sharing!
Merry Christmas!

Rochelle aka Bella Quilts said...

Thank you for sharing them this year. I enjoy seeing them when you bring them out each year. It's like saying "hello" to an old friend, isn't it, when you see them again.

Linda said...

I know I have commented on your Gingerbread Village before, but I will say again - it's beautiful! You must have an awful lot of patience and skill. Happy Christmas 🎄